04/13/2022 12:00 AM by SEO Godfather in Seo

As SEO keeps getting upgraded, a lot of things have changed over the years. There are facts and stats hidden to SEO beginners. Even advanced users need to be acquainted constantly with the happenings in the online marketing community. We’ve gathered together 6 interesting facts about SEO you've probably have not heard of. Even if you have, a reminder is very important.

1.  More Traffic Is Generated By Search Engines Than Social Media.

Social Media has become a very prominent part of people’s lives. However, search engines like Google and Bing are responsible for driving more traffic to sites than social networks. As social media and SEO statistics show, creating interesting content that will rank well can bring in additional business than social media posts. This isn't implying that social media marketing for website content isn't effective. It just takes more effective planning to implement both practices regularly to see a great result.

2. Video Content Increases Your Chances of Ranking High On Google

When it comes to the production of video content, it requires lots of skills and time to plan and prepare everything. Although it is quite effective and successful at bringing results, videos are still one of the least used types of content in SEO marketing. Videos are great for the visual presentation of content and great for social media engagement. It'll also allow your users to easily share them with their friends. This automatically drives traffic to your website, seeing that most people like videos. 72% of online users are more attracted to video content than text, according to a Hubspot Research study. This is seen as a ranking factor by the search engines. That's why sites like YouTube won't cease to grow in popularity.

3. With High-Quality Content And Links You Can Rank Well On Google.

High-quality content and links on your website play an important role in your success online when it comes to SEO. They largely boost the rate of traffic on your website. They also help build credible website authority. Knowing how Google ranks websites might be a rare privilege. However, creating great content makes it easier to build links from authority sites. This then increases your website relevance and trustworthiness making it easier for search engine crawlers to find you and enlist your website within search engine result pages.

4. Off-Page SEO Covers 75% Of A Successful SEO Ranking On Google.

You might be surprised that 75% of your chance of ranking high on search engines is determined by the activities you do outside your website. The ones you do on your website i.e. content creation and optimization only carries 25% of Google’s ranking factors.  Off-page SEO is very important when boosting the relevance, dependability and domain authority (DA) of your website.

5.  53% of Users Will Abandon a Slow-Loading Website

According to Google, an average of 53% of visitors will leave a site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. When your site takes an extra few seconds to load, it will hurt your ability to engage visitors and make sales. This means that having a fast site is important — not just for ranking well with Google, but for maintaining your bottom-line profits high. It’s clear that putting in the effort to increase your site speed — even by one second — could have a major impact on conversions. With that being said, investing your money in developing a superfast home page will pay dividends when it comes to your SEO. You’ll reduce your bounce rate and have happy visitors.


6. 51% of People Discover New Businesses On Their Phone

As a website owner, you must pay considerable attention to your website's mobile-friendliness. It's no news that people can't do without their smartphones. They rely on it not just to communicate on social media, but to find information about products and services. And also to make easy transactions online. Making your website accessible to both desktops, tablets and smartphone is a great way to leverage search engines to achieve your business goals.


Advancement in technology and dominance with Google’s market is an indication that you can't neglect the above facts about SEO. This is if your goal is to improve your business online. Remember, effective SEO still drives sales and increases revenues.